This week on Simply Sweet Allison, we share a family recipe that Allison has been making with her grandma since she was a little girl, BANANA BREAD! This banana bread is moist, sweet and full of flavor with the addition of cinnamon.
How do you like to eat your banana bread? With a cup of coffee or as dessert?
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 2/3 flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease the bottom of a loaf pan and set aside.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a bowl.
- Add in the eggs, mashed bananas and water until combined.
- Stir in the the flour, baking soda and powder, salt and cinnamon. Add in the vanilla.
- Pour into the greased pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes to an hour. The top will be lightly browned and the toothpick will come out clean.
Cool completely before slicing and enjoy with coffee or as dessert.