Bakersfield, CA. - The Kern County Cancer Foundation will be hosting it's annual 'Camp-Out Against Cancer', but it'll look different this year like all other events due to the pandemic.
The now virtual 24-hour event will honor all of those who've survived cancer and remember the lives of those lost.
The event will also help to fundraiser money to help local patients in their fight against the deadly disease. All proceeds from the 'Camp-In" will stay in Kern County, and will be used for cancer treatments.
Below is the full schedule of events:
Friday, November 6th
Campout Downtown Cruz (Meet behind World Records- Please plan on staying in vehicles)
- 5 pm - Team Float/Vehicle Decorating
- 6 pm - Survivor & Car Club Arrival
- 7 pm- Cruz begins on Chester Garces Circle to Truxtun Ave.
- 8:30 pm - Family/Team Game Night at Private Sites
- 10 pm - Family/Team Movie Night and S'mores at Private Sites
Saturday, November 7th
Team Fundraising Day
- 8 am - 4 pm - Teams Fundraise throughout Kern County
- 5 pm – Awards distribution
Registration for the event has closed, but you can still donate to the cancer foundation.