BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Happy Valentine's Day everyone! This week on Simply Sweet Allison, we are making blondies with pink and red chocolate candies. These gooey and buttery bars are the perfect one-bowl, sweet treat to make for your valentine this year! Enjoy, these will definitely go fast!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pink and red M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine brown sugar and melted butter until there are no lumps.
- Add in the egg, vanilla extract and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Pour in the flour and stir until a light brown color is achieved.
- Add in the chocolate chips and M&M's.
- Pour the mixture into a 8x8" baking tray lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the top has a thin layer and the middle is still gooey.
Enjoy with a loved one this Valentine's Day!