What happens to homeowners in Bakersfield who aren't represented by a Ward?

Posted at 3:57 PM, Jun 02, 2017
and last updated 2017-06-02 18:57:47-04

Certain areas of Bakersfield are not represented by a city councilmember or included in a ward.

These areas are known as county islands.

"Those folks are not represented by a city councilmember," former Ward 7 councilmember Russell Johnson said. “If you live in an unincorporated county island you don’t have a city councilmember, you call your county supervisor.”

Those who live in a county island have a county supervisor but not a city councilmember they can reach out to.