A young man is fighting for his life in a Roseville, California hospital after his mother said he developed acute respiratory failure from vaping.
Christy, the mother of Ricky D'Ambrosio posted on her Facebook page that her son is "is intubated, heavily sedated, paralyzed and is in a medically induced coma. Because the effects of vaping are so new, the doctors are not quite sure how to treat him."
Christy told an ABC affiliate its difficult to share what's going on with her son but she wants to get the word out to as many people as possible.
The Centers for Disease Control is investigating conditions like Ricky's across the country. Officials say there are 215 possible cases of the severe pulmonary disease associated with the use of e-cigarettes or products.