BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Five Kern County schools are still alive in the girl's soccer Central Section playoffs. The teams will now play in the semi-finals on Feb. 19 at 6 p.m.
Liberty defeated Stockdale tonight 4 to 2. Freshman Dallas Williford lead the Patriots surge and helped Liberty cruise to a D1 showdown against top ranked Clovis North.
Ridgeview was hosting lower seed Yosemite but a late surge by the Badgers knocked out the Wolfpack. Yosemite scored three unanswered goals to win 3-1.
Here is Wednesday's schedule for the Central Section semi-finals:
- Division 1: No. 5 Liberty at No. 1 Clovis North
- Division 2: No. 5 Hanford at No. 1 Centennial
- Division 4: No. 4 East at No. 1 Sierra Pacific
- Division 6: No. 3 Riverdale at No. 2 Arvin
- Division 6: No. 5 Mira Monte at No. 1 Frazier Mountain
Rosamond was in the middle of a 1-1 game against Lindsay when the power was lost at the field. The game will be resumed on Monday, Feb. 17.