BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, we're showing you how to make tinga chicken tostadas.
- 1 Large onion sliced
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 5 fresh tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Chipotle in adobo sauce the amount desired
- 1 tbsp of chicken bouillon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chopped cabbage
- Sour Cream
- Queso Fresco
- Tortillas Fried or Baked
- Saute the onions until they are transparent.
- Add the shredded chicken, and cook for a few minutes.
- Blend the garlic, tomatoes, chicken bouillon, and chipotle in a blender and add to the meat mixture.
- Cook for 20 additional minutes or until the liquid has evaporated almost completely.
- Put the chicken mixture on a fried or baked tostada and top with lettuce, cream, and cheese.
For toppings, you can add fresh avocado or guacamole, diced tomatoes, pico de gallo, or other salsas.
For drinks, feel free to pair with the Mexican classics Sangria Senorial or Jarritos. Then finish off your meal with a tasty treat -- tres leches cake or pan dulce (conchas).