BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — This ‘Amazing Coconut Pie’ recipe has been in my family for decades. I still have a recipe card that my grandmother wrote in her cursive handwriting. For any coconut lovers out there, you will love this! The inside is thick and creamy and the crunchy coconut on top makes this a dessert think you are on a trip to Hawaii.
2 cups of milk
¾ cup of sugar
¼ cup butter, melted
½ cup Bisquick mix
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
1 cup shredded coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour the milk, sugar, butter, Bisquick mix, vanilla and eggs into a bowl. Use an electric or hand mixer to beat the mixture on high for 3 minutes.
3. Pour the batter into a 9” pie pan.
4. Let sit for 5 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the coconut on top in an even layer.
6. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes until the inside has thickened and the top is golden brown.
7. Serve warm or cold!