BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — On this week's episode, we are making homemade dog treats!
We have two special guests on the show, Julie Johnson from the SPCA and Louie (a Silky Terrier) who is our expert taste tester.
These homemade dog treats only have a few ingredients, and most of them you probably already have in your fridge. They are a cheaper option to store-bought treats and you can make them into any shape you would like!
2/3 cup pumpkin puree,
1/4 cup peanut butter
3 cups whole wheat flour
pinch of cinnamon or ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat together pumpkin, peanut butter and eggs on medium speed.
3. Then add in cinnamon and gradually add in the flour until the dough is not sticky.
4. Roll out onto a floured surface. Use cookie cutters, or roll into flattened balls.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
6. Let cool completely.