BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Simply Sweet goes to Home. Boutique and Bakery to make Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies.
These cookies are sweet, with an unexpected flavor that takes you back to your grandmothers house.
Home is having a Dia De Los Muertos event at their location on Truxtun Ave. and Oak Street the weekend after Halloween. There, they will be setting up an alter for people to share stories of loved ones. There will also be plenty of fun and food for the kids. At the end of the event, they will be playing the movie Coco for everyone to enjoy.
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups butter
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar, 4 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. chili powder ( for rolling)
1. Cream together butter and sugar in a mixer.
2. Then add in the eggs. (Make sure to not over mix!)
3. Whisk together the remaining dry ingredients and add into the wet.
4. Once the dough is formed, use a small ice cream scoop to form 1 inch balls.
5. Roll each dough ball in the sugar, cinnamon and chili powder mixture.
6. Bake in a 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.