BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Simply Sweet Allison's favorite part of the holidays are all of the sweets. This week, I'm going to combine a few Thanksgiving favorite desserts.. making Pecan Pie Brownies.
They are the perfect balance of chocolate and fudgey goodness on the bottom and then that nice crunch and sweetness of the pecans, your family is absolutely going to love this.
FOR THE BROWNIES:
- Box of your favorite brownies (make according to the back of the box)
FOR THE PECAN PIE FILLING:
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 8 oz. halved pecan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bake the brownies for 20 minutes, until the brownies are cooked slightly on top, but still gooey in the middle.
3. Now we make the pecan pie filling. Mix together the honey, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Slowly add the melted butter and mix until combined.
4. Add the pecans and stir until the mixtures is in every crevice of the nuts.
5. Once the brownies baked for 20 minutes, pour the pecan mixture on top. Make sure is is covering the top completely.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the pecans are nice and caramelized.
7. Enjoy once completely cooled.
You can watch the full Simply Sweet Allison Thanksgiving show here.