The Alzheimer's Association announced virtual resources for patients living in the Kern, Kings, Tulare and Inyo counties.
According to the association, virtual education classes such as:
- Understanding Alzheimer's & Dementia
- Effective Communication Strategies
- Understanding and Responding to Dementia-Related Behavior
- 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer's
The association is also offering virtual support groups:
Bakersfield Support Group
- April 15 and May 20 from 1 to 2 p.m.
Frazier Park Support Group
- April 21 and May 19 from 2 to 3 p.m.
Ridgecrest Support Group
- May 6 and June 3 from 1 to 2 p.m.
Tehachapi Support Group
- May 8 from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
Visalia Support Group
- April 28 and May 26 from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
Registration is required to attend virtual classes. You can register for the classes online here or by calling (800) 272-3900.