California will allow schools, day camps, bars, gyms, campgrounds, and professional sports to begin reopening with modifications starting this Friday.
Here's a look at what those guidelines include:
- Perform a detailed risk assessment and create a site-specific protection plan.
- Train employees on how to limit the spread of COVID-19. This includes how to screen themselves for symptoms and when to stay home.
- Set up individual control measures and screenings.
- Put disinfection protocols in place.
- Establish physical distancing guidelines.
Officials add it's important that employees with COVID-19 know they should stay home. And all business's sick leave policies will need to support that.
For more detailed information, you can visit the state of California's COVID-19 website.