BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Valley Strong Credit Union has committed $26,000 to the Kern County COVID-19 Relief Fund at Kern Community Foundation.
Earlier this month, Valley Strong awarded $100,000 through their COVID-19 Relief Fund in Kern County and additional $25,000 in Tulare County.
Funds from the Kern County COVID-19 Relief Fund at Kern Community Foundation continue to be available to local nonprofits through an abbreviated grant process to support a variety of efforts, including:
• Assistance for nonprofits serving vulnerable populations with basic needs (food, housing, living expenses, transportation costs, etc.) related to job layoffs and/or unemployment;
• Assistance for nonprofit organizations experiencing staffing and/or volunteer gaps due to quarantines and social distancing;
• Assistance for nonprofit organizations with financial planning and resilience.
Grants are expected to range from $5,000 to $30,000 and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until resources are depleted. 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and public agencies are eligible to apply for additional funds as needs arise. Further support from the community is welcome.
Those wishing to contribute to the Kern County COVID-19 Relief Fund can make a secure tax-deductible donation in one of the following ways:
• Online at kernfoundation.org;
• By mailing a check to Kern Community Foundation, 3300 Truxtun Avenue, Suite 220, Bakersfield, CA 93301, specifying “Kern County COVID-19 Relief Fund” in the memo; or
• By phone using a major credit card. Please call 661.325.5346 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.