Although Kern County is still working to reopen, a few schools are one step closer. Kern County Public Health reported that as of Monday, 20 schools have been granted an Elementary School Waiver.
The Elementary School Waiver, or TK-6 School Waiver, allows the local health officer to open an elementary school for in-person instruction. The waiver is applicable only for grades TK-6, even if the grade configuration at the school includes additional grades.
Out of these 20 schools, 17 are private.
Public Health announced on its website the following schools have been granted waivers:
- Heritage Montessori Elementary School
- Gideon Academy
- Northwest Christian Schools
- Ridgecrest Adventist Elementry
- General Shafter School District
- Immanuel Christian School
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help Bakersfield
- St Francis Parish School Bakersfield
- St. John's Lutheran School
- Caliente Union School District
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic School-Bakersfield
- St Ann's Catholic School
- Heritage Oak School
- Legacy Christian Academy
- Valley Schools
- Bakersfield Adventist Academy School
- Olive Knolls Christian School
- Stockdale Christian School
- Pond Union Elementary School District
- Country Christian School