Bakersfield Police along with other agencies served seven search warrants related to the illegal sale of marijuana, spices and the illegal operation of a gaming casino.
They were able to seize thirty pounds of spice, over $6,000 in currency, half an ounce of meth, and a large amount of marijuana.
During today's sting Code Enforcement officers discovered numerous structural violations as well.
Search warrants were served at the below locations:
- 2505 South Chester Avenue -“Fish’s Smoke Shop”
- 2507 South Chester Avenue - Gambling Hall
- 2840 South Chester Avenue - “Gifts and More”
- 3951 South H Street- Marijuana Dispensary
- 2640 Laurel Drive - Residence
- 2600 South Chester Avenue - Residence
- 331 Pacheco Road - Residence
A previous version of this story reported that six warrants were served. That is what officers told 23ABC this morning as they were serving the warrants. They also mentioned that no specific information on arrests was available at the time and would be released later on.
The search warrants were served after authorities received numerous complaints from the area, which included one about an internet gaming casino.
BPD teamed up with Kern County probation, the DEA , FBI, code enforcement, Bakersfield Fire arson investigators and homeland security officers to complete this investigation on Wednesday.