BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — California Highway Patrol is hosting the ninth annual CHiPs for KiDs Toy Drive in Bakersfield to help make the holiday season a little brighter for children in Kern County.
The toy drive got underway on Monday, Nov. 19, and will end on Monday, Dec. 17.
On Friday, Dec. 7, the CHP will be downtown at the corner of Chester Avenue and 28th Street from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. to collect toys at a drop-off event.
Members of the community can also help put a smile on children's faces by dropping off new unwrapped toys at any of the following locations:
- 23ABC News studios - 321 21st St.
- CHP office - 9855 Compagnoni St.
- Motor City - 3001 Pacheco Road
- United Way - 5405 Stockdale Hwy #202
- Carniceria La Carreta - 3015 Calloway Drive
- Carniceria La Carreta - 5792 Stine Road
- All Walgreens stores
The toys will benefit local children up to 16 years old. Officials said this drive has helped families throughout California for more than 25 years.