BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — The City of Bakersfield said it is modifying, canceling, or postponing several upcoming events in a continued effort to help limit the potential spread of the coronavirus.
The City said limited precautionary measures will be in place for the May 6 City Council Meetings, which are planned to take place as scheduled. The following additional measures are in place:
- The 3:30 p.m. meeting will be held at 4:30 p.m. and will not be open to the public; however, the meeting will be broadcast live and public comments can be submitted in advance.
- The 5:15 p.m. meeting will have limited public access and will have an abbreviated agenda.
Public comments will be accepted for items on the agenda for both meetings; the public is encouraged to participate in one of two ways
- Public comment may be submitted by email via the City Clerk’s Office at email@example.com by 1 p.m. the day of the meeting.
- By leaving a voicemail comment by calling 661-326-3100. Voicemail messages must be three (3) minutes or shorter. Messages must be received by 4 p.m. the Tuesday before the meeting.
The following upcoming events are also canceled or postponed until further notice:
- The First Saturday Cleanup hosted by Keep Bakersfield Beautiful and scheduled for Saturday, May 2, has been canceled.
- The Fun Run planned for Sunday, May 3, at the Park at Riverwalk has been canceled.
- The low-cost monthly pet vaccination clinic held by the Bakersfield Animal Care Center planned for Saturday, May 9, has also been postponed until further notice.
- The Mother’s Day Run planned for Sunday, May 10, at the Park at Riverwalk has been canceled.