BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — The City of Bakersfield is reopening park equipment under new guidelines this week.
According to the Coty, park equipment may reopen under the following guidelines issued by the California Department of Public Health:
- Face masks over the mouth and nose are required for everyone 2 years of age and older with caregiver supervision at all times to ensure face mask use.
- Do not use the playground when different households are unable to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or when the capacity limit of (number of children and adults) has been reached.
- Caregivers must monitor to keep adults and children from different households at least 6 feet apart.
- Consider coming on different times or days to avoid wait times and potentially crowded times.
- No eating or drinking in the playground area, to ensure face masks are worn at all times.
- Wash or sanitize hands before and after use of the playground.
- Elderly and persons with underlying medical conditions should avoid playground when others are present.
- Limit visit to 30 minutes per day when others are present.