NewsCovering Kern County


KCAS offering temporary pet food assistance for Kern pet owners

This dog disease linked to certain pet foods has owners worried sick. Here's what you need to know
Posted at 5:13 PM, Jul 31, 2020
and last updated 2020-07-31 20:13:27-04

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — Kern County Animal Services is now offering temporary, short-term assistance with pet food for dog and cat owners facing financial difficulties as a result of COVID-19.

KCAS received a grant from folks with Maddie's Fund, as well as from Hill's Pet Nutrition, making it possible to help Kern pet owners in-need.

To request the help you just need to text the word "petfood" to the number 555-888 and an automated application will be completed through text message.

After eligibility is confirmed a team member will set up a schedule for you to do drive-thru pick up of the short-term pet food supply.