We have a special guest on Simply Sweet Allison this week! Bakersfield Mayor Karen Goh shows us how to make Baked Brie with a sweet jam inside.
This is a perfect starter to serve around the holidays. It also pairs great with a wine and cheese platter and you can even make it in the summer by using a sweet jam to freshen it up!
- 1 sheet puff pastry, frozen
- 1 wheel brie cheese
- 2 tbsp. of your favorite jam/jelly
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place one sheet of frozen puffed pastry onto a baking dish.
- Put the wheel of brie cheese in the center of the pastry sheet.
- Add the jam to the top of the cheese.
- Fold the pastry over the top, you can make a design or just cover most of the jam.
- This is the time you could add an egg wash mixture to the top of the pastry dough to make it extra flakey when it comes out of the oven.
- Put the brie in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes until the top is golden brown and the cheese is starting to bubble.
- Cut and enjoy warm!