BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — North of the River Recreation and Park District announced it will be reopening their tennis and pickleball courts for singles play only on Thursday at noon.
“NOR is pleased to be able to reopen the tennis and pickleball courts to allow the public to once again enjoy these sports,” says Lisa Plank, NOR Marketing Director. “We ask everyone to be mindful of the guidelines and continue to follow social distancing guidelines and gathering limit restrictions.”
Additional guidelines to govern safe play due to the COVID-19 pandemic are as follows:
- Follow the CDC and Kern County Public Health Department guidelines at all times
- Do not play if you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19: mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough and difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by the CDDC or if you are a vulnerable or at risk individual.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use a hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available, before going to the court.
- Do not share any equipment (racquets, paddles, balls, wristbands, grips, and towels)
- Stay at least six feet apart from others players (social distancing)
- Refrain from congregating before, during, or after play.