Kern County Public Health closed a Wasco pizza restaurant on Thursday after several violations were found.
Wasco Pizza and Diner was closed on May 24 after receiving a 63% inspection score, according to Public Health. Less than two weeks ago, five people were stabbed outside the restaurant located at 1120 Highway 46.
Public Health observed the following violations:
- Employees unaware of fruit fly infestation, dead vermin behind chairs, and cross contamination risk.
- Dead crickets and cockroach near pool table
- Gross accumulation of debris on floors in kitchen/food prep area
- Cluttered trash and debris on exterior of premise
- Inaccessible hand washing sink located at kitchen
- Multiple alcoholic drink bottles with fruit flies inside
- Raw red meet stored above pizza dough in freezer
- Three compartment sink leaking onto floor
- Debris in three-compartment sink
- Water hose attached to three-compartment sink
- 30 assorted alcoholic drinks, drink mixes contaminated with dead insect parts and bodies
- Leak inside reach in cooler in bar area
- Debris on shelves and bar tables
It's unclear when Wasco Pizza and Diner will reopen.