Thanksgiving is just around the corner and Simply Sweet has you covered with a mouthwatering pumpkin pie recipe with a gingersnap crust. We want to warn you, in the making of this pie, your entire house will smell delicious, and just like the holidays, and your family will be begging to get a taste!
- 2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1, 15oz., can pumpkin puree
- 1, 12oz., can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Make the crust by combining the gingersnap cookie crumbs, melted butter, vanilla extract and cinnamon into a bowl.
- Form the crust to the bottom of a greased 9" pie pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes until slightly golden.
- While the crust is baking, make the filling by mixing the pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a large bowl.
- When the crust is out of the oven a slightly cooled, pour in the filling until evenly distributed.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, them lower the heat to 350 and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
Cool completely and enjoy with a dollop of whipped cream!