This week on Simply Sweet Allison we had a special guest, Hannah Wallace, sharing her fabulous rainbow cupcakes.
Hannah is one of the best kid bakers in Kern County. She was a semi-finalist in the 2018 Incredible Kids Cook-Off where she baked her Hannah Banana Nut Cupcakes.
These rainbow cupcakes are a recipe she created on her own! This sweet treat has sprinkles, colorful frosting and candy that makes it look like a unicorn! They will be the perfect treat to bring to a birthday party, or to make with your kids.
Hannah's Rainbow Cupcakes:
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup decorating sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light.
- Add eggs and vanilla to the creamed mixture and beat until mixed.
- Add flour to the creamed mixture and alternate with milk. Beat after each addition.
- Add decorating sprinkles and beat for 30 seconds.
- Use ice cream scoop to fill the cupcakes cups evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt, to taste
- In a bowl, beat butter until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and mix on low speed and gradually increase to medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, vanilla and salt. Mix on medium-high speed for 1 minute. Use a spatula to scrap the bowl as needed.
Frosting can be made 1 to 2 days in advance, cover tightly and place in the refrigerator.