BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — This week's edition of Simply Sweet is all about your favorites for Spring.
We first go to Ghiladolci Bakery where they share their family recipe for carrot cake cupcakes and cake. The cupcakes are filled with shredded carrots, crushed pineapple and walnuts for an extra crunch. For the decorations, they use toasted and colored coconut to make the nest and chocolate eggs. During this pandemic, they are offering curbside takeout and delivery options. Check out their Instagram page for the items available each day.
Next, Allison shares a recipe to make a German Pancake, also know as a Dutch Baby Pancake. This is a one pan pancake that you can make in no time, most likely with ingredients you already have in your pantry!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- pinch of salt
- powered sugar and lemon juice- for topping
1. Melt the butter in a 9x13 pan in a 400 degree oven until melted. (Make sure the butter doesn't burn!)
2. Place the flour, milk, eggs, vanilla and almond extracts, sugar and salt into the blender. Mix until combined.
3. Take the pan out of the oven and pour the batter into the pan, using a spoon to lessen the splash of the butter.
4. Place back into the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the pancake has lifted and is fluffy.
5. Top with freshly squeezed lemon juice and powdered sugar and enjoy!
Lastly, we head to Two Goats & The Goose to make their red and white sangria. They also share their secret to making the perfect cheese board. They are open Wednesday - Saturday during the pandemic, so make sure you pick up your favorites from them this spring.