BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — After days of testimony closing arguments for the Leslie Chance retrial are expected to begin this week.
Chance, a former elementary school principal, is on trial for the 2013 murder of her husband Todd Chance.
Back in June of 2019, her case ended in a mistrial when the public defender's office declared a conflict of interest in representing her.
During the course of the re-trial which began in December, several witnesses and family members have been called to the stand. She is facing a charge of first-degree murder.
RELATED NEWS: The Leslie Chance Retrial
- Chance testified that she did not kill her husband
- Detectives failed to submit two witnesses interviews into evidence prior to trial
- Samantha Chance called by defense to testify
- Leslie Chance's attorney called Sarah Chance to testify
- Todd Chance's ex-fiance testifies at the end of week two of Leslie chance trial